Review is integral to every successful reading program – as we all know, practice makes perfect. Our NEW Hebrew reading homework system for grades 1-7 makes homework fun and doable!
- Students receive a review sheet based on their Aleph Champ reading level. The sheet gets kept at home along with a 2 minute sand timer.
- Call the Hebrew reading hotline using the number printed at the top of the sheet (516.586.7247) and when prompted enter your child’s personalized 3 digit ID. (Your child’s 3 digit ID can be found at the top of the homework sheet as well)
- When ready to start recording press 1 and read until the timer is up (120 seconds)
- An email of the recording will immediately be sent to you as well as to your child’s Aleph Champ teacher for review
- Students MUST complete their homework a minimum of 8 times before he/she can get tested and advance to the next level.
- Students choose a target, amazon or starbucks rewards card. Each card has 8 circles for hole-punches.
- For each day your child completes his/her homework they are given one hole-punch in their rewards card. These “punches” are given by your child’s Aleph Champ teacher.
- Once all 8 circles are “punched”, the rewards card can be redeemed at the office for a $5 gift card to that store!
- Only one “punch” can be earned each day.
- A maximum of 3 “punches” can be earned in a single week.
- Only recordings left by Thursday night will be in that week’s count.
- Recordings should not be left during Shabbat and Jewish Holidays.